Friday, September 30, 2016

My Favorite Rib recipe (and I’ve tried many)

During the fall, there are still some really nice days and evenings that will make you want to go outside and grill. Here is one great recipe on the grill during fall.

I lived in Hawaii for about 5 years and probably the best thing I got out of living there was this recipe from a Hawaiian guy I knew.

I start out with 3 racks of pork ribs usually from Costco and I cut them out individually
Next I boil them in a stock pot for 2 hours.  I’ve heard this dries them out but I have not found that to be true. After that I rinse them off of any cooked rib debris.
I then marinate them about 24 hours or more if you like but I haven’t noticed a difference after 24 hours. Then I heat my grill up to about 400 degrees and then grill to caramelize them, I look for a dark red and small sections of black to know it’s done.

The marinade is the key
1.5 cups sugar
1.5 cups soy sauce
1.5 cups ketchup
.5 cup lemon juice
.5 cup oyster sauce
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1Tbsp dry mustard


If you are looking to spice it up I recommend red pepper flakes.  I tried siracha and it totally ruined the taste of the marinade.  I’ve tried many variations of this but nothing beats the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment