Thursday, May 10, 2018

What is a Downdraft Range?

Bob is here to share with you three options for your cooking ventilation in your home.

1.The most common way to vent the air is with an over-the-range microwave. This is the most common way to circulate the air.

2. Hoods made over the range or cooktop with no microwave. These are common for kitchens that are more custom, but are used for standard kitchens as well.

3. The third option, not a lot of people know about. Downdraft ventilation is located in the range in itself. It is located in the middle of the range and had filters and fans that move the gases and air underneath the unit. This is a great options for ranges and cooktops that are located in the island, where hoods might get in the way. 

A great example of this is the Kitchen Aid 30-Inch 4-Burner Dual Fuel Downdraft Slide-In Range (KSDG950ESS)

We hope that we gave you an inside look at the different types of ventilation systems out there. Now you can decide which one is best for your needs. Give one of our stores a call and our team can answer anymore questions that you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment